The Board of Certification requires Athletic Trainers to complete CEUs in approved Evidence Based Practice Curriculum.
AT’s that received their BOC-certification prior to 2014 must complete 50 CEU’s during their certification maintenance period. At least 10 of these CEU’s must be focused on Evidence Based Practice curriculum.
AT’s that completed their BOC-certification in 2014 or after, must complete 25 CEU’s, which must include at least 5 Evidence Based Practice credits.
These EBP credits can be completed through workshops, seminars, conferences, webinars or home study programs. Athletic Trainers may also claim credit for these EBP CEU’s upon completion of their CAATE-accredited graduate degree program. Evidence Based Practice (EBP) Category Programs.
Injury Treatment CEU’s
- Biofeedback 101 (1.0 CEU) – FREE
Available from Continuing Education Online.
- Rotator Cuff Treatment (1.75 CEU) – $100
MedBridge Education Online
Concussion & Concussion Testing CEUs
ImPACT Concussion Training Software offers both free and paid opportunities for CEU’s for BOC-certified athletic trainers, including courses on:
- Sports Concussion & ImPACT Concussion Testing (0.5 CEU) – FREE
- Billing for Services and CPT Codes (1.25 CEU) – FREE
- ImPACT Baseline Concussion Test Administration (0.75 CEU) – FREE
- The Science Behind the ImPACT Program (1.00 CEU) – FREE
- Returning the Injured Athlete to Sports (3.0 CEU) – $49
Available from Motivations, Inc.
- ACL and PCL Injuries, Surgeries and Rehab (3.5 CEU) – $240
MedBridge Education online
General EBP CEU’s
The National Athletic Trainer Association (NATA) offers Evidence-Based Practice CEU’s throughout the year for the courses listed below. Schedules vary. Check out their online calendar to register for an upcoming class.
- Evidence-Based Practice in Athletic Training Level 1, Part 1 (2.0 CEU)
- Evidence-Based Practice in Athletic Training Level 1, Part 2- (1.5 CEU)
- Evidence-Based Practice in Athletic Training, Level 2 €“ (3.0 CEU)
- Aligning the Interests of Clinicians, Educators & Researchers to Promote Evidence-Based Practice €“ (1.75 CEU)
- Nuts & Bolts: A Practical Guide to Collecting Patient Outcomes €“ (1.75 CEU)
- Developing and Utilizing Clinical Outcomes Databases in Clinical Practice €“ (1.25 CEU)
- Foundational Concepts of Clinical Outcomes Assessment and Strategies for Implementation €“ (1.5 CEU)