Athleticare Sports Health Foundation will be attending the Youth Sports Safety Alliance’s 6th Annual Youth Sports Safety Summit March 1 and 2 in Dallas, Texas. As alliance members, we are excited to share in this two-day event, which brings parents, school administrators, legislators, health care providers and the media together with one goal in mind: Making sports safer for student athletes.
The event will be hosted by the Youth Sports Safety Alliance (YSSA) and the National Athletic Trainers€™ Association (NATA)and will include information on:
- Creating Lifetime Athletes with Dr. James Andrews
- Myths and Controversies in equipment safety, cardiac arrest, diet and energy, and the affordability of proper medical care in a high school.
- Emphasis Prevention: a panel discussion on how those outside the school can help prevent injuries to youth athletes
- Health Care in the Secondary School: a look at the health care system within secondary schools
- Immediate Care: a panel discussion on acute care for youth athletes outside of the school
We encourage all parents, administrators, coaches and anyone involved with youth athletics to consider attending this annual event. The deadline for registration is February 25, 2015. For more information or to register, visit Youth Sports Safety Summit.