This position is responsible for directing the provision of athletic training services to student-athletes.
- Provides athletic training services for home contests and practices, including services for student-athletes of visiting teams when a visiting Athletic Trainer is unavailable. Travel to away contests is not required.
- Recognizes, diagnoses, treats and manages injuries occurring to athletes.
- Supervises the conditioning and rehabilitation of injured athletes; performs treatments using physical modalities such as heat, light, sound, cold, electricity, or mechanical devices
- Communicates the status and progression of injured student athletes to physicians and coaches.
- Maintains complete records of all injuries, recommendations, medications, and treatments; provides information to the team physician and schedules medical appointments and physical exams.